The "Fabbrica" may be considered as the symbol or memorial to the agricultural economy and of the attempts to bring industry to Lugnano. Built at the beginning of the twentieth century, probably by Count Giovanni Vannicelli-Casoni, according to plans drawn up by the Engineer Paolo Zampi of Orvieto. The structure is typical of the industrial architecture at that time. Around 1920 the building was used by Count Filippo Pannicelli as a factory known as Helios to produce light-bulbs, but this was subsequently wound up in 1922. Thereafter it housed a millstone (una mola) and a pasta factory that was provided with electric generators, this too lasted only a short time. Following the bankruptcy of the Pannicelli, the "Fabbrica" became the property of Ottorino Pimpinelli, and subsequently that of Santori who used it as an agricultural centre: oil milling , cellar, and as a warehouse for grains and cereals. RAS the following owner used it for the same purposes.
In the 1990s the Commune of Lugnano acquired it and partially renovated it with a view to using it for mainly cultural purposes. The "Fabbrica" is to be not only a cultural and recreational centre but also as a means for promoting tourism in the village. It is about to take in the Muncipal Antiquarium, recently transformed into a proper museum whose contents consist mainly of important finds from the Roman Villa of Poggio Gramignano; The rich historical and notarial archive of Lugnano of which the ancient municipal charter, "Statuta Communitatis Terrae Lugnani" of 1508 forms part; an exhibition hall, conference rooms and other means to promote local tourism.